Sunday, November 17, 2013

My First Shift


I completed my first shift. I was so nervous going into it. The night before we made our first fire in our apartment. It was so cozy and relaxing and calmed my nerves! 


My first evening shift was pretty busy but I had an awesome CNA and one of the people we oriented with was there with me. I felt better knowing there was someone I knew. It's so odd working at this hospital because the charge nurses never come to check in on you or to see if you need any help. Even when I was orienting no one came to check up on the nurse. I miss my fellow coworkers at Shands! Love you guys ;) 

Overall it was one of those busy shifts which is ok as long as its not busy because your patients are coding. Ya know what I mean?

I definitely enjoyed being on my own. When I oriented with a nurse she had certain expectations and when it was not done correctly, at a certain time or quickly she would take over and not allow me to do things on my own (which I kind of don't blame her since she doesn't know me as a nurse). Being on my own for the first time was overwhelming but I felt like me again. A nurse who loves taking care of her patients. 

I'm still nervous because of working day shifts. Still have 11 more weeks to go!

Today, Nat and I took a walk at the park on the road we live on (Lake Chabot Rd). 


Nat discovered this trail that gives you a beautiful view of the east bay and SF. It was no "walk in the park!" to get there. Haha The hills are STEEP. I wanted to roll on the ground and  die after climbing that hill. But "the view is worth it," as Nat would say. It was.

The picture below is Lake Chabot. We were wondering when we would come across it. People were kayaking and in paddle boats. We plan on going paddle boating on our next day off. I am so excited!



Another, closer view.


Love the weather here. Hardly any humidity, my hair has been looking decent these days!


You can't tell but there was a perfect, close view of SF. I've realized we have talked a lot about SF and have only gone in once (at night) but don't worry we are actually planning on doing things IN SF!


An end to our day. Our first home cooked meal. Tired of eating sandwiches all the time! Please feel free to mail us goodies. Just sayin ;) 








No comments:

Post a Comment