Friday, November 15, 2013

New Chapter in the Life of Bela

Just read my last post...a little depressing. It was a difficult time in my life. I'm definitely in a new chapter since then...thank God because if I wasn't I would need some serious counseling! I'm sitting here listening to the crackling of a dying fire and old Michael Buble songs (courtesy of Nat). We started our journey of travel nursing (tn) starting in Florida driving all the way to California. Had a great time seeing parts of the country we have never been to. Beautiful and landscape is so different from the east. Started work this week, on orientation and on my own tomorrow. I had the expectations tn would be difficult but I feel like I did when I had my first hospital job. Overwhelmed, nervous. Patient care remains the same but the equipment, charting, staff, and negativity towards tn is completely different. The hospital is beautiful, brand new, state of the art technology. I just feel so unprepared especially working day shift (after being on night shift for 2 years)! This is my first assignment and I know that everything will eventually get better. Through all of this, I have been dependent on Him to comfort me, guide me, reassure me, lead me. I have found myself here many times and am thankful for His never ending grace and mercy towards me. Even though I know my Father is always with me that doesn't mean I do not feel lonely, discouraged. I am human. There are so many "small" things that have fallen into place for us. Not to mention we met this beautiful family that we met via email, inviting us to thanksgiving and Christmas. And on top of that my cousin and her husband also invited us over. Such an amazing cousin, she told me she would hook me up with some simple recipes and spices so I can cook Indian food (will never be as good as mom's and I didn't realize how much I missed it!). We had "prayed" in jest that we would meet families who would invite us over for the holidays and treat us as family. God knows our hearts and what we meant in "jest" was actually what we desired. I may sound and act like a debbie downer (I've only ever said that phrase, have never written it down, where did it come from??) but this is only today. I know we will have our ups and downs just like any other journey. Until next time...hopefully it will be less than 3 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment