Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Direct My Heart

2 Thessalonians 3:5

"May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ." 

I have just "discovered" this verse and I'm going to try and pray this throughout the week as, "May the Lord direct my heart INTO THE LOVE of God and may He direct my heart INTO THE STEADFASTNESS of Christ." His love is endless, boundless, forever and His steadfastness is enduring and lasting. 

My friend and I watched "Son of God" last night and it was ok. I thought Jesus was really pretty :) The movie made me think about his ministry here on earth. When faced with people who doubted him, questioned him and/or ridiculed him he always had patience, peaceful answers and showed such compassion and love towards them and his enemies. Quick to forgive. On the cross Roman soldiers and rulers ridiculed him, teased him, disparaged him while he was dying, bleeding, broken and in the most excruciating pain. In his perfect selflessness he said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." 

He is steadfast, unwavering and his love is unconditional. Praying He will direct my heart to be more and more like His as I battle with my flesh daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment